Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Picking A Game

One of the rules of the club is that each GM enjoys absolute discretion in picking the game they will run. I trust and vouch for each member that they will not ask us to play something that will abuse this discretion. For example, I think Greg Costikyan's Violence might actually be worth playing, but I feel it would be churlish of me to try to use this venue to conscript unwilling victims.

So how do we pick a game to run? I've got literally shelves full of various RPGs and I suspect one or more of you nice folks might have a larger collection than I do. Here's the list of questions I've come up with, please feel free to suggest more.
  • What game have I alway wanted to run, but never had a chance?
  • Does the game I favor work well as a one-shot, or is it really more suitable to campaign play?
  • Will chargen be a terror if I go with this game?
  • How much of the session will be taken up by the players getting the hang of the rules?
  • To the best of my knowledge does anyone in the group absolutely loathe the game or genre I'm considering?
  • Is this game old hat for one or more members?
  • Can I run this game in Jeff's gameroom and not get him in trouble with his wife?
Just some food for thought.

1 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Jeff Rients said...

I sold my copy of Wraeththu, so I think we've all dodged that bullet. I'd run World of Synnibarr first.

No, seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home