Monday, February 26, 2007

What to run?

I'm not running until after Jeff, but I'm trying to narrow down my list of possibilities. If anyone has any requests, let me know.

Today, I am contemplating:

Wandering Monsters: the PCs are monsters in a dungeon, defending against an attacking adventuring party. Probably D&D.

Spirit of the Century: Pulpy fun. I've heard a lot about it, and it has been nearly all good stuff. Plus, it uses FATE... which is a ruleset I've been meaning to try out.

Don't Rest Your Head: Messed-up, nightmarish Alice in Wonderland meets Dark City stuff. I've played it once. It was fun.

Nobilis: I own the book. It has been sitting on my shelf trying to intimidate me. If I know I have to run it, I'll actually crack it open and read the thing.

That doesn't mean I'm set on one of these... or that my list of possibilities won't be completely different next week... but I thought I'd ask for feedback.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Jeff Rients said...

Spirit of the Century looks like the winner in this field, but I'd be happy to try whatever you'd like to run. I totally understand the Nobilis impulse. My one run of it was a trainwreck, but that was at least as much an incompatible player mix as the fact that Nobilis is the polar opposite to most games I play.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Fred said...

You can run a version of Nobilis using Don't Rest Your Head as the engine, if you want to bend the back of your head clean off. :)

-- Fred Hicks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home